You know what’s awkward? When you’re on Facebook and you leave a funny comment on someone’s status and no one bothers to comment any longer.
For example, someone posted a funny video link regarding ‘hipsters’ and I posted: “I LOVE this!” underneath. Now, this person who posted the link is just barely a friend of mine. I haven’t seen you in 3 years, but we were close enough to ‘like’ each others statuses. She then replied: “I know. I think we should have one in our city.”
That’s when I thought it would be funny to reply: “Ya, I totally agree. We should have it on _____ street. That’s where all the hispters are!”
And I thought she would agree with my comment, or even like it… but three days later, she didn’t even reply. That made me feel really bad, as if I broke some sort of unmentionable facebook limit. It was like: “Listen bud, we were friends 3 years ago… but I’m not THAT good friends with you.”
So I consulted some of my friends about it and asked if my comment was unwarranted, or just fundamentally unfunny. None of them found it TOO bad to post.
Therefore, this made me realize that there are such things as “Awkward Facebook Moments”.
These awkward moments can include:
1) Posting a funny status and having no one “like” it.
2) “Liking” someone’s semi-embarrasing status. Then no one else bothers to like it and you look like a creep / ass.
3) Commenting on someone’s status and expecting a reply. But no reply comes.
4) Posting a question on someone’s page and they don’t reply.
5) Sending a message to someone and they don’t reply
6) Someone you wish you didn’t hear from again messages you. You don’t want to reply but if you don’t they’ll know that you ignored them.
7) Accidentally adding someone to a message or event.
8 ) Starting a facebook chat with someone you didn’t intend to.
9) Posting a status with a VERY embarrassing spelling mistake.
10) When your mother or a relative adds you on facebook.
11) When someone posts an embarrassing photo of you, but you don’t want to be a nag and ask them to delete it.
These are just a FEW of the awkward moments one can have on Facebook.
So… please tell me: Have YOU had a specific funny awkward facebook moment? OR Can you add something else to this list?